Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thoughts and Prayers

I thought about writing something to mark this day.  Maybe a poem would be the best way to express my thoughts?  Or maybe a short meditation?

My memory of that day is vivid.  It was my freshman year of college.  My friend Rob was standing next to me in his bathrobe.  We were watching the image of the burning towers.  I'm pretty sure his toothbrush was in his mouth.  We were silent.

That silence has continued for me, because, when it came down to it, I could not think of any words worthy of utterance today.  But I did find something I wanted to share: the statement of the USCCB.

My heart is still heavy, but my faith leavens those feelings.  Days like today make me so grateful for the gift of the Mass.

God bless you, and God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful. Thanks!