Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reflection: Unexpectations

Lots of unexpected things have happened in my life the past few days.  I haven't had the time or the will to post something every day, and I don't know when my next post will be.

I suppose what keeps me focused on what I must do this week is that, even though I did not expect the events that have happened, God expected them, and He must think I can handle them if I'm caught in their flow.

It is kind of like what Gandalf told Frodo about the ring.  He was supposed to have it.  Some superior force moved it into his possession.  Despite his dark task, Frodo could take some comfort in knowing that a great Power for good wanted him to bear the burden.

Here's the scene from the movie.

In this instance, I'm not the ringbearer, nor am I Samwise.  I am part of the Fellowship, though.  A small part, but a part.  I'll do my best to support the others in the group and play my role in the drama.  Hopefully, I can help others who are dealing with these unexpected things more directly.  I would encourage everyone caught on the periphery of unexpected events to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments respectful. Thanks!